Mr Mark Gaston has specialist expertise in and offers the following adult orthopaedic services:
Foot and ankle surgery
Mr Gaston offers specialist orthopaedic surgery at Spire Edinburgh Hospitals for problems of the foot and ankle in adults with deformities of the foot and painful foot problems, including specialist expertise in foot and ankle deformity caused by other diseases (e.g. muscle and nerve disease), and gait improvement surgery (osteotomy) for the treatment of walking disorders, particularly in the context of complex neurological diseases.
- Flat foot (Plano-valgus foot)
- High arched foot (Cavo-varus foot)
- Bunion surgery (Hallux valgus)
- Toe deformity (curly toes) correction
- Painful nerves in the foot (Morton’s neuroma)
- Surgery for ankle pain, instability and arthritis
- Foot surgery for painful joints e.g. big toe joint
Arthroscopic knee surgery for adolescents and young adults
Mr Gaston performs key-hole knee surgery (arthroscopy) for adolescents and young adults. This is for common knee conditions in young patients, such as discoid meniscus, osteochondritis dissecans, removal of loose bodies, repair or removal of torn cartilage (meniscus) and for the assessment of knee pain. There is rapid access to this surgery at Spire Shawfair Park Hospital and it can be performed as a day case, with rapid recovery times.